Sunday, February 10, 2008

Baked Potato Wedges

I had this as a side dish for lunch today. It feels sooo refreshing having to make your own potato wedges, other than eating it from a fast food chain and it tastes so much better! Lovely! :)

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium potatoes
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp grated garlic (can be substituted with garlic powder)
1 potato serves one person, so you can just multiply the ingredients if you're serving more than one


Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius



Cut potatoes in wedges, in my case i cut them into 6 slices per potato. I kept the skins on but if that's not your thing you can always peel the potato before cutting it! If you want to keep the skin on make sure you scrub it before cutting it up.


In a ziplock bag or even a plastic container, mix all the above ingredients and give it a good shake, makings sure that the potatoes are covered evenly with the mixture


Lay the potatoes skin-side down on a baking tray that is lined with aluminum foil, shiny side up. if you are baking it without the skin, make sure you turn it at least once when it is baking.

Bake for 45 minutes.

11 comments:

Muffin said...

I feel really retarded for saying this, but I never have been able to get the hang of "oven fries". I think its because I always try to sprinkle the seasoning on, and drizzle the oil on.

I'm definitely going to try your method, and THANK YOU for explaining that part!

Hikari Reika said...

muffin, tis no problem at all!! :D and best of luck with them potatoes okay!

Elle said...

Oh wow, those look delicious!

Hikari Reika said...

thanks Elle! :D

marias23 said...

What a simple recipe. I will definitely try these! And girl, reading your profile reminds me of myself: a tad confused about life but never stops dreaming, cooking and baking :)

Anonymous said...

theses are sooo good thanks for an easy recipe!

Anonymous said...

Do you know what else you can do? Same initial directions, but add a packet of dried onion soup, or a packet of taco seasoning, or a packet of ranch dressing mix! Same directions - oil included, ziplock bag included!

If you're only using one potato, you probably want to use less, so close that packet up and save it for the next time in the fridge!

Hikari Reika said...

oooh anonymous! what a great suggestion! :D I'll give that a try, thanks!

Anonymous said...

I tried these out tonight,with homemade cheeseburgers and salad, and they were a big hit! Thanks!

Nadia said...

looks yummy, i am gonna try it today with my chicken burgers and sourcream dip.thanks

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who reviews about
many
home based business reviews

If you want to know more here it is
home based business reviews
www.home-businessreviews.com